Adopt a Family
SUMC CHRISTMAS ADOPT-A-FAMILY
SUMC United Methodist Women need your help! This Christmas season, we are hoping to help two families in need. Since the church is closed, organizing the event had to change and might be a challenge for us all, so please be patient. Both families were selected from the Mobile Food Pantry drive-thru and were very surprised by the generous offer. We are partnering with The Caring Cupboard of Woodland Shores to provide the families with our gifts and their food for each family’s holiday celebration.
- Family 1 is a 8 person family. The home is made up of 2 grandparents, 1 dad, and 5 children ranging in ages from 13 to 3 years old.
- Family 2 is a 6 person family. The home is made up of 2 grandparents, 1 dad, and 3 children ranging in ages from 12 to 7 years old.
We are using SignUp.com to organize this event and here is the link to an electronic signup page with 105 gifts needed for the families: 2020 Christmas Adopt a Family
HOW TO SIGN UP
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: https://signup.com/go/VKstDZa
- Review from the 105 options listed and choose the spot(s) you like. Gifts for Family 1 are items 1 and 1a-1h. Gifts for Family 2 are items 2 and 2a-2f.
- Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
HOW TO PREPARE AND DELIVER YOUR GIFTS:
- Please have all items (wrapped) and delivered to SUMC by DECEMBER 18TH!
- Please wear a mask while wrapping gifts. Place a name tag on the gift with the corresponding name on the “TO” section and “FROM” by SUMC (eg: TO: Pasley FROM: SUMC).
DROP OFF OPTIONS AT THE CHURCH:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday–9am-noon (call Sandy at 269-429-5911 for curbside pickup at the office circle drive entrance)
- Tuesday & Wednesday–6p-8p (place in barrel under the drive-thru overhang on the northside of the building Door #9 and Nancy/Kellie will collect them)
- Tables will be set up at the church as follows; however we strongly recommend using the drop-off options above as you will still need to call Sandy when you arrive at the church. The table to drop off gifts for Family 1 is located in the gathering area. The table to drop off gifts for Family 2 is located in the hall by the bulletin boards. Spread gifts out on the corresponding family tables (family 1 or family 2-see above). They will be sanitized before being given to the families and cannot be stacked.
PICKUP OPTION: If you are unable to drive or need help delivering the gifts to the church, please contact Ellen Moore at (574) 361-2789 for a scheduled pickup.
DONATIONS: Please leave cash or cash card donations in the UMW Treasurer mail bin or in the office placed in an envelope for “Pat Siefert”. All donations will be used to purchase items for the family.
Thank you for your support to our community and others during this holiday season!