ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR WEEK OF NOVEMBER 29
Men’s Zoom Group – Men’s group meets via Zoom on Sunday’s at 12:30pm. If you would like to join please contact Bob Hendley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-446-1826 and he will send you an invite.
Christmas Poinsettias – will be available to order this year for $8.00 each. Color choices are red and cream. You may call the office if you wish to order or email the office. DEADLINE FOR ORDERING IS NOVEMBER 29.
Sanctuary Flower Date Available – December 6th is open if you would like to dedicate Sanctuary Flowers. Just call or Email the church office.
SUMC Job Posting – SUMC is hiring a custodian to take care over the cleaning of our wonderful facility. This position would be for 20 hours a week with flexibility to do some cleaning after the Child Care Center closes at 6:00pm. Those interested should go to INDEED.COM and apply. Email Robin Lydic @email@example.com for questions.
SERVICE FOR NOVEMBER 29
Please join us Sunday Morning for our Online Live Streams
The service will begin at 9:55 am with gathering music.
Order of Worship can be downloaded here:
Order of Worship
ZOOM WITH PASTOR DAVID
Due to the global impact of this extremely contagious virus and the risk factors it poses for people, social distancing has become mandated leaving many without daily contact. However, that does not mean that you have to be disconnected. Pastor David will be available for you to connect with face-to-face by ZOOM meeting starting this Sunday at 11:00am and every Sunday through the end of the year!! In the e-mail today that was sent with the update is the link for you to click on at 11:00 Sunday to join in.
Also, on our SUMC Facebook page there is very helpful information from Region IV area on Aging on how to Navigate on Zoom.
Join ZOOM HERE: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83937542755?pwd=YmIzT205ZlUvUExaUEJZK2gvRWxTdz09
OR You Can Call In By Phone at(312) 626 6799
Meeting ID: 839 3754 2755
THIS INFORMATION WILL REMAIN THE SAME EACH WEEK
Monday night, SUMC’s Administrative Council made the decision to close the sanctuary for Sunday morning worship effective immediately. The safety protocols that we have implemented in our church thus far have been very well executed, but right now they are simply not enough. As Christians it is our call to love like Jesus did. There is no better way to put this kind of love into action than to put aside our personal desires and preferences to help ensure the safety and well-being of others.
While the sanctuary may be closed, the work of the church is not. Sunday morning worship will be streamed through Facebook each week at 9:55, and is also accessible through our website. Pastor David and the rest of the staff and volunteer teams continue to be available to care for the needs of our congregation. Please reach out if you have trouble accessing worship on-line, or if you need prayers or any other kind of support.
Read the Return to Virtual Worship letter from the Ad Council here: Return-to-Virtual-Worship-Letter.pdf
Read the latest statement from Bishop Bard asking churches to return
to virtual worship here: More Advent Counsel from Bishop Bard
SUMC CHRISTMAS ADOPT-A-FAMILY
SUMC United Methodist Women need your help! This Christmas season, we are hoping to help two families in need. Since the church is closed, organizing the event had to change and might be a challenge for us all, so please be patient. Both families were selected from the Mobile Food Pantry drive-thru and were very surprised by the generous offer. We are partnering with The Caring Cupboard of Woodland Shores to provide the families with our gifts and their food for each family’s holiday celebration.
- Family 1 is a 8 person family. The home is made up of 2 grandparents, 1 dad, and 5 children ranging in ages from 13 to 3 years old.
- Family 2 is a 6 person family. The home is made up of 2 grandparents, 1 dad, and 3 children ranging in ages from 12 to 7 years old.
We are using SignUp.com to organize this event and here is the link to an electronic signup page with 105 gifts needed for the families: 2020 Christmas Adopt a Family
HOW TO SIGN UP
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: https://signup.com/go/VKstDZa
- Review from the 105 options listed and choose the spot(s) you like. Gifts for Family 1 are items 1 and 1a-1h. Gifts for Family 2 are items 2 and 2a-2f.
- Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
HOW TO PREPARE AND DELIVER YOUR GIFTS:
- Please have all items (wrapped) and delivered to SUMC by DECEMBER 18TH!
- Please wear a mask while wrapping gifts. Place a name tag on the gift with the corresponding name on the “TO” section and “FROM” by SUMC (eg: TO: Pasley FROM: SUMC).
DROP OFF OPTIONS AT THE CHURCH:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday–9am-noon (call Sandy at 269-429-5911 for curbside pickup at the office circle drive entrance)
- Tuesday & Wednesday–6p-8p (place in barrel under the drive-thru overhang on the northside of the building Door #9 and Nancy/Kellie will collect them)
- Tables will be set up at the church as follows; however we strongly recommend using the drop-off options above as you will still need to call Sandy when you arrive at the church. The table to drop off gifts for Family 1 is located in the gathering area. The table to drop off gifts for Family 2 is located in the hall by the bulletin boards. Spread gifts out on the corresponding family tables (family 1 or family 2-see above). They will be sanitized before being given to the families and cannot be stacked.
PICKUP OPTION: If you are unable to drive or need help delivering the gifts to the church, please contact Ellen Moore at (574) 361-2789 for a scheduled pickup.
DONATIONS: Please leave cash or cash card donations in the UMW Treasurer mail bin or in the office placed in an envelope for “Pat Siefert”. All donations will be used to purchase items for the family.
Thank you for your support to our community and others during this holiday season!
Office Hours – The church office hours are M,W,TH,F from 9:00am-noon. The office will be closed on Tuesdays. You can call 429-5911 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and leave a message. Thank you.
Caring Ministries Thought – Please remember we are in this together and are here for you. You can send Nancy Mead an email at email@example.com and she will gladly respond to you.