NEW WORSHIP SERIES!
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR WEEK OF September 20
SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP LIVE !! –
THIS SUNDAY, September 20 at 10:00 am we will be holding our Worship Service LIVE in the shade of the trees on the front lawn of the church. All of this is, of course “weather permitting.” For those comfortable in joining us on the lawn, bring a lawn chair, a mask, a bottle of water, and a joyful spirit! If you are not yet comfortable attending in person, are not feeling well, or consider yourself “high risk” the Live-Stream will still be online. You may need to bring some extra patience as we try this experiment.” It is our expectation that those who do attend in person will wear a mask that covers nose and mouth, and honor the practice of social distancing. Should weather lead us to decide we cannot worship outside, a post will go up on the SUMC Facebook page no later than 9:30. Let’s all pray for great weather!
Mobile Food Pantry – Thank you to everyone who helped with the Mobile Food Pantry this past week. We served 104 Households, 262 Individuals, 101 Seniors, 21 Veterans and 71 Children.
Men’s Group – Please note that the Mens’s Zoom Group time will be 12:30 on Sunday’s, not 11:30. Thank you!
Office Hours – The church office hours are M,W,TH,F from 9:00am-noon. The office will be closed on Tuesdays. You can call 429-5911 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and leave a message. Thank you.
Caring Ministries Thought – Please remember we are in this together and are here for you. You can send Nancy Mead an email at email@example.com and she will gladly respond to you.
We are inviting our SUMC family to come to the church for a time of Personal Prayer in the sanctuary.
Beginning September 17 the Sanctuary will be open and available every Thursday from 10am-1:00pm and 5:00pm-7:00pm for a time of prayer, reflection and meditation. If you have longed to return to the SUMC sanctuary, we invite you to take the opportunity to come and participate, and ask that you follow the guidelines below.
To ensure everyone’s health and safety, the following protocols are in place:
- Enter and exit the church through Door 10 (need to check the number- the door by gathering area)
- Face masks are required in the building, and hand sanitizer will be provided.
- You will be greeted by a host.
- Devotional materials will be available to you (yes?No?Maybe?:-))
- There will be designated seating areas in the sanctuary. Couples or family members may sit together in one area.
- The number of people in the sanctuary at any one time will be limited to 10.
- Since all hymnals and Bibles are removed from the pews, you are welcome and encouraged to bring your own Bible.
- Take as much time as you need, but also please try to be aware of others who may be waiting outside the sanctuary.
Please note that only the sanctuary will be available during this time.